MIM-Kyiv Information Resources
Information Resource Centre
GMID is an award-winning online business information resource providing intelligence on industries, countries and consumers.
Log in – http://www.portal.euromonitor.com/ (within the Institute LAN)
A subscription to GMID offers library users unlimited access to a vast market research resource:
- 4 million + statistics on industries, countries and consumers
- 15,000 industry, company, country and consumer reports
- Insightful comment from industry and country experts
- 25,000 sources of further research information
Key benefits to academic libraries:
GMID offers a global perspective. Euromonitor International researches more than 205 countries world-wide. Consistent research methodologies across countries allow data to be compared internationally.
- GMID is as excellent resource for all types of research projects, including market entry case studies and country, company aid consumer analysis.
- GMID supports wide range of courses. As well as being a "must-have" database for international business and marketing courses, it supports economics, social sciences, humanities, geography, international relations and travel and tourism students.
- A subscription prepares students for the working environment. GMID is widely available in major companies and the government sector.
- GMlD's easy to use interface makes it simple for students to find, save and export information. There is lots of related content allowing students to find information they might not have known existed.
- GMID’s site-wide license means data is available to all current student tacitly and staff. Off-campus access is also available.
EBSCOhost is a powerful online reference system accessible via the Internet. It offers a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers. The comprehensive databases range from general reference collections to specially designed, subject-specific databases for public, academic, medical, corporate and school libraries.
Log in – http://search.ebscohost.com/ (within the Institute LAN)
EBSCOhost offers the ability to select the databases you want to search by database name or by subject area.
Business Source Premier
Business Source Premier is the industry’s most used business research database, providing full text for more than 2,300 journals, including full text for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed titles. This database provides full text back to 1886, and searchable cited references back to 1998. Business Source Premier is superior to the competition in full text coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. This database is updated daily on EBSCOhost.
Academic Search Premier
This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,500 journals, including full text for more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles
ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1,282,000 records and links to more than 314,000 full-text documents from ERIC.
GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment.
Health Source - Consumer Edition
This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts(LISTA) indexes more than 500 core journals, more than 50 priority journals, and 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings.
Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,750 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975.
MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals.
Newspaper Source provides cover-to-cover full text for 35 national & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 375 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
Regional Business News
This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. This database is updated on a daily basis.